Teeter Hang Ups EP-550 Inversion Table Reviews
In purchasing an inversion table safety comes first. You will eye one that can carry you in an inverted position without fear of collapse or of suddenly flipping you out of position. It has to be one that can keep you in a position steadily.
Comfort is another important factor. Being the inverted head above feet for up to 20 minutes can be at best awkward to anyone new to this treatment. Ankle supports place you in a very tight hold to prevent you from falling. While strapped in; you will be lying on a surface that will allow you to ride comfortably along with gravity to get the best stretch on your aching. Teeter has all of these in mind with their Teeter Hang Ups EP-550 Inversion Table.
Short Summary of Teeter Hang Ups EP-550 Inversion Table
Teeter Hang Ups EP-550 Inversion Table has been thoroughly tested to combine both ergonomics and safety with comfort. As you lay, your back is against a bed that employs technologies that ensure your upper body slides down smoothly while allowing you a wider range of motion to provide a better stretch. It has also been designed to deliver a controlled rotation with minimal effort while providing fluid movement and a tight lock.
As a bonus, it can even be upgraded with accessories for the better experience when used for inversion therapy.
Key Features of Teeter Hang Ups EP-550 Inversion Table
- Manual operation: Requires no electricity to operate.
- Secure and Redundant Ankle Support: Comes with Gravity boots that supplement the ankle supports and can even be used for inverted sit-ups.
- Ankle Comfort Dials: Provides safer and comfortable support to your ankles by adjusting according to your foot size.
- Employs EZ StretchTMTraction Handles: Gives you a solid grip while enhancing your balance while inverted.
- Optimum Decompression Surface: Comes with a wear-proof ventilated bed that provides for a very wide range of motion without friction to best maximize your stretch and enhance comfort.
- Pre-set Rotation: Allows you adjust and predetermine the maximum of angle of your inversion.
- Accessories for added comfort: Can be customized with vibrating cushion and heated neck pillow for a better therapeutic experience.
- Solid Base with Enhanced Floor Protection: Mounted on a stable base for added floor protection that allows use in smaller spaces while reducing the risk of sliding.
- Simple and Compact design: Easy to assemble and store in seconds.
- Precision Balancing: Rotates quietly with little effort allowing fluid movement while keeping you secured while fully inverted.
- Specially-designed and Patented Security Features for enhanced safety: Employs auto-locking joints and other specially built components for added safety and reliability.
Specifications of Teeter Hang Ups EP-550 Inversion Therapy Table
- Weight: 77 lbs
- Height Capacity: 4’8”-6’6.’
- Weight Capacity: 300 lbs
- Dimensions: (48.5”x29.5”x8,5” packaged; 83”x28.5”x88” assembled)
- Warranty: 5 years
- Saves space compared to other inversion tables.
- Comfortable decompression surface.
- Ergonomic design.
- Secure safety features.
- Height and weight limitations.
- Full inversion may require assistance.
- Use of inversion table and other forms of inversion therapy may require prior approval of physician.
Our Teeter Hang Ups EP-550 Review
We bought the Teeter Hang Ups EP-550 Inversion Table after having tried out its higher model, the 950. Apparently, we were not expecting the same kind of quality in construction or the same results either. However, having used it for a good five weeks or so, we can safely say that there is hardly any difference in the results between the EP-550 and the EP-950. We only found the 950 to have a couple more additional features and an overall stronger body construction. <a href=”http://www.inversiontableadviser.com/how-much-does-this-inversion-table-weigh/”>What is the weight limit on teeter hang ups</a> is a typical question, and the answer is it can capable of handling 300 lbs weight . Nevertheless, to us, the Teeter Hang Ups EP-550 felt quite sturdy and rugged. The overall frame design is similar but the weight is different, and this is possibly due to the use of lighter and less dense stainless steel tubular frames. Moreover, the Flex technology was not as pronounced in the EP-550 as it is in its costlier version. However, our verdict at the end of 5 weeks is that for a first time user, any Teeter inversion table shall feel great, especially if you have severe back pains, herniated discs or suffer from sciatica pain.
Assembling the Teeter Hang Ups EP-550 is quite easy, and it takes under 30 minutes to set it up and get working. This is because the A-frame comes preassembled and you only need to add in the ankle restrainers, the legs and a few other attachments. Once assembled, you can feel the enormous weight of the entire table, which kind of makes it a pain moving it around. Naturally, we decided to allocate one corner of our living room to the table and do not even bother folding it up when it is not in use.
Coming to the usability of the Teeter Hang Ups EP-550 Inversion Table, we initially felt it be slightly uncomfortable and also received a little more back pain than we started out with. However, repeated usage over a couple of weeks slowly started relaxing the back and neck muscles, decompressing the spine and gave us little trouble from then onwards. If you plan on using the inversion table for more than a few weeks, you are bound to see results. We have continuously invested ourselves on the Teeter Hang Ups EP-550 day after day for 5 to 10 minutes and never once felt like it was going to topple over. The unique frame and ankle were locking design naturally keep the centre of gravity low near the middle of the table so that you feel balanced even if you rock sideways. Moreover, the footholds are sturdy and feature some anti-skid material to keep the table from slipping.
Customer Review Summaries about Teeter Hang Ups EP-550 Inversion Table:
Most of those who reviewed Teeter Hang Ups EP-550 Inversion Table had mostly positive things to say. They spoke glowingly of therapeutic effect the product gave them. They praised its sturdy construction and stable design, and the comfort offered especially with the offered extras.
A few issues were raised about it. One saw discomfort in the ankle support system without the ankle boots. Another aired his concern that Teeter Hang Ups EP-550 being of solid build, while easy to assemble, was made of components that those with back pain would have difficulty in lifting.
Nevertheless, the reception for Teeter Hang Ups EP-550 Inversion Table has been widely enthusiastic.
Teeter Hang Ups EP-550 Inversion Table Conclusion
The biggest attraction point of the Teeter Hang Ups EP-550 is its ability to give controlled inversion angles. You have a choice of investing only 20 degrees, 40 degrees or 60 degrees. This helps with first-time users as they can slowly increase the inversion angle as they get used to the feeling of being upside down. Finally, when you do feel adept at experiencing the full 90-degree inversion angle, release the restraining EZ Angle tether and get started building back confidence in your back and spine. Some users might find the ankle restraining system to be a bother as it does start hurting the ankles if you remain inverted for more than 5 minutes but with time, it should feel better. We liked the entire system and usually wear thick socks and a training shoe when using the Teeter Hang Ups EP-550 so that the ankles feel less stressed out. Overall, those suffering from severe back pain will not mind experiencing mild discomfort in the ankles if it will fix their back problems quickly. That is something this inversion table is capable of doing.
Inversion table, therapeutic relaxation equipment and a complete spinal decompression unit, the Teeter Hang Ups EP-550 is everything that you can ask for. It is useful for folks with severe spinal or following complications and equally helpful for folks trying to relax after a hard day at work. We find the Teeter Hang Ups EP-550 Inversion Table to be well designed, sturdy and comfortable even after repeated usage and so give it a fresh 5/5.